|Nasal septum perforation - Drugs for nasal septum perforation - Treatment of septum perforation - Precautions for nasal instillation and nasal crusting in septum perforations - Septum perforation surgery - Septum perforation|
Nasal septum perforation is a hole in the nose septum that separates the nasal cavity into two parts. You can find detailed information about causes, treatment, and indications of nasal septum perforations in the following links.
Patients with nasal septum perforation and large perforation increase in the nose in patients who are not suitable for surgical treatment or who do not accept surgery, and due to accelerated air flow (hyperventilation), nasal instability, nasal congestion and scab formation in the nose occur.
Normally, these functions of the nose can not be performed as a result of each nostril turning and passing through the nostrils, the treatment, the pressurization, and the air which needs to be heated by the linear flow rapidly through the hole in the nose septum. Drying, dirty and cold air inside the nose and behind the mucous membrane areas can easily dry by infection, crusting and nose bleeding can occur.
If you have a hole in your nasal septum and you are not considering surgery or to ensure that the nasal mucosa is healthy before surgery; you can pay attention to the following to reduce crustiness and dryness in the nose:
• Increase daily amount of drinking water
• Reduce the drinking of black tea, Turkish coffee and nescafe, which is a diuretic feature.
• Do not insert napkins or fingers into the nose that may cause additional moisture loss in the nose
• Reducing the use of allergy medicines (cortisone nose sprays, allergy pills ...) and decongestants (flu medicines and some nasal sprays) that dry the nasal mucosa
• Regularly use epilating and oily nasal moisturizing drops or sprays that reduce moisture loss in the nasal mucosa
• Regularly wash the nose with salty water to remove foreign particles and micropills in the nose
• It may be appropriate to use additional nasal moisturizing medicines in areas where nasal air is dry and unnatural dry air is available (conditioned rooms, places where electric heaters are working), and cold steam machines may be used if there is no relief in complaints.
• Avoid eating overly salty and spicy foods that could negatively affect intranasal moisture levels
• Also pay attention to the nutritional characteristics that can positively affect the intranasal moisture level (consuming high fruit and vegetables with high water content, drinking lots of water)
Similar previously published links >>
- Nazal septum perforasyonu, tanımı, nedenleri, belirtileri ve tedavisi
- Açık Teknik Septal Perforasyon Ameliyatı
- Kaburga Kıkırdağı İle Geniş Septum Perforasyonu Onarılması ve Burun Estetiği Ameliyatı
- Deviasyon Ameliyatı Sonrası Ortaya Çıkan Burun Ucu Düşmesi ve Nazal Septum Perforasyonu Tedavisi
Murat Enoz, MD, Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgeon - ENT Doctor in Istanbul
Address: İncirli Cad. No:41, Kat:4 (Dilek Patisserie Building), Postal code: 34147, Bakırköy - İstanbul
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199
Fax: +90 212 542 74 47