(In the above patient, nose tip plasty + nasal hump removal (rhinoplasty without bone broken) operations were performed)
Nose Tip Plasty OperationNose tip plasty operation is a limited aesthetic intervention intended to reshape the nose tip, such as narrowing, removing, and minimizing. Sometimes it can be done together with nasal hump remval, deviation surgery and radio frequency turbinate reduction.
After the nasal aesthetic, it is not compulsory to apply the nasal bandage and splint used after the classical nasal aesthetic operations. If there is no additional treatment, unbuffered nose tip reshaping surgery can be completed.
Factors that may affect nasal swelling and healing after nasal aesthetics can be listed as follows:
- The structure of the nasal skin (post-operative edema is more prominent in patients with thick nasal skin, it may take more time for the beautiful lines to come out at the tip of the nose, and it is not easy to get rid of the rounded nose tip in patients with very thick nose skin!)
- The amount of graft used in the nasal aesthetic (as the procedure grows, it is inevitable that the postoperative tissue swelling increases)
- The duration of the surgery (as the duration of the procedure increases, the effect of airway contact and pain-reducing vasoconstrictor drugs on subcutaneous tissue decreases, postoperative tissue edema increases)
- The type and amount of suture materials used in surgery (some non-fusing suture materials may increase the post-procedural tissue edema caused by the reaction)
- Despite the fact that the selected technique is less edema after the procedure compared to the open technique nasal aesthetic in closed technique nasal aesthetics, I prefer to make a clear technical nasal aesthetic when I plan to use my own subcutaneous tissue to fill the nasal tip in most patients. the surgeon's control over anatomical details is at the highest level, besides that the habits of the surgeon are of course influential).
- Post-operative care of the patient (use of anti-edema products, adherence to doctor's guidelines and adequate nursing care in the nose can shorten the healing period)
- Other than these, personal genetic factors that may affect general body wound healing, systemic chronic diseases and nutritional features can affect the speed of healing.
Nose Tip Plasty Operation İn Thick Skin Patients
In rhinoplasty and nose type plasty operations, thick skin is a major problem. Among the ethnic rhinoplasty techniques in particular, there are additional techniques that can be applied to patients with thick nose skin.
However, skin reshaping in nose job surgeries is still controversial today.
In patients with thick nasal skin, the duration of healing can be as long as 2 years, and the amount of edema that may occur after nose type plasty operation may be greater than in other patients. In patients with thick skin it is difficult to provide reflections of the cartilaginous corners that allow the tip of the nose to look good.
Patients with thick skin may require the following additional treatments during and after nose type plasty operations:
- Subcutaneous tissue resection (bilevel dissection) and deep skin tissue removal (to making thinner skin!)
- To protect cartilage under skin as much as possible and to use cartilage grafts more
- Use of anti-edema products after the procedure (controversial)
- Using of retinol creams (acne remedy) after the procedure (controversial)
- Cortisone injection at the tip of the nose after the procedure (subcutaneous atrophy, color change, infection and rarely a risk of blindness!)
Hot Season or Hot Climate For Nose Tip Plasty Operation
If the operation is performed in hot and humid seasons, the duration of edema and healing may be adversely affected. The patient may need to establish a cool environment for several weeks after the type plasty operation and remain in the upright position (necessitating local cold application). Entering the same way hot sauna environments may also increase the amount of edema after the operation
Smoking After Nasal Tip Plasty Operation
Smoking has many known and unknown effects on wound healing. Nicotine adversely affects tissue feeding by reducing the diameter of blood vessels and decreasing blood flow. Direct contact of the carbon monoxide with the incision site and skin zone negatively affects wound healing. Apart from these, the exposure of the particles in the cigarette smoke directly increases the risk of infection after the operation.
Heavy Exercise After Tip Plasty Operation
After the nasal tip plasty operation, especially during the first few weeks, the heavy pressure that increases the blood pressure needs to be avoided. Exercise movements in the form of weight lifting by bending the head may cause nosebleeds, swelling increase in nose tip area and facial edema after nose tip plasty surgery.
Nose Tip Covering of Thick Layer Makeup Products On The Skin
The use of thick layer of makeup products that block the nasal skin airflow and block the skin pores after nose tip plastic surgery may adversely affect wound healing. Generally, after the nose tip reshaping operation, it is preferable to use water based skin cleansers for the first one week. It is advisable not to apply an industrial make-up product on the skin in the early period if possible.
Contact With Solar Radiation After Nose Tip Plasty Operation (UV-A UV-B)
Ultraviolet (UV) are essential components of sunlight. UV irradiation in sunlight induces excessive reactive oxygen species (ROS) and damages the skin by induction of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and leads to skin photogeneration (source link >> Dandelion Extracts Protect Human Skin Fibroblasts from UVB Damage and Cellular Senescence). UV irradiation can affect fibroblasts, which are the main cells responsible for wound healing, causing tissue uptake, and can cause adverse effects on post-operative healing with different mechanisms. It is best to avoid intense sunlight contact for the first 2 months after type plasty operation. From the 3rd week you can use sunscreen creams and lotions, after the first week you can use a hat.
These recommendations may vary according to different clinics and physicians. Please take into consideration the recommendations of the doctor who performed your surgery!
You can find details about "Rhinoplasty in İstanbul - Nose Tip Plasty in İstanbul - Nasal Tip Plasty In Istanbul - Nasal Tip Plasty In Turkey - Nasal Tip Plasty Operation In Istanbul - Nose Tip Reshaping In Turkey - Nasal Tip Rhinoplasty Surgery" and before and after photos at >> Nose Job in İstanbul / Ethnic Rhinoplasty in Istanbul
|Bosphorus - Istanbul - Turkey - ENT Doctor Istanbul - ENT Specialist Istanbul - Nose Job Istanbul - Rhinoplasty Istanbul - ENT Office Istanbul - Dr.Murat Enoz - ENT Clinic Istanbul - ENT Doctor in Istanbul - Nose Job in Turkey|
Murat Enoz, MD, Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgeon - ENT Doctor in Istanbul
Address: İncirli Cad. No:41, Kat:4 (Dilek Patisserie Building), Postal code: 34147, Bakırköy - İstanbul
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199
Fax: +90 212 542 74 47