Tongue tie (lingual frenulum) is a structure that connects the tongue to the base of the mouth, under the tongue and on the midline. If the tongue is normally short and thick, the tongue sticks to the mouth base and its movement is restricted. This is called "Ankyloglossia" or "hypertrophic lingual frenulum". Tongue tie itself is divided into two main groups as anterior tongue tie and posterior tongue tie. The anterior tongue tie is divided into three separate groups of type 1, 2 and 3; posteior tongue tie is also diving as Type 4 tongue tie. For the treatment, tongue tie release surgery (lingual frenectomy or lingual frenotomy) is performed.
Tongue tie surgery is usually a minor surgical intervention that can be performed under local anesthesia. Sometimes it is not even necessary to stitching.
Tongue tie causes complaints such as difficulty in suckling babies, incomprehension of the mother and difficulty when talking in older patients, and inability to tell some of the words clearly. The biggest problems related to tongue tie in small babies are breast difficulty, premature termination of breastfeeding, reduced amount of absorbed milk, early start of supplementary food, mother's nipple damage and breast infections (mastitis).
If the tongue tie release surgery is performed late, there are risks such as structural changes in the tongue, the child being able to perceive the current operation, and the risk of traumatic stress disorder if performed under local anesthesia, and retardation in speech skills.
|Lingual frenectomy with thermal welding device|
Tongue tie release surgery is performed in newborn infants to make breast feeding easier and more comfortable. It is recommended that this procedure be performed in infants who are symptomatic.
My website of and www.dilbagiameliyati.com" has been opened for you to answer all questions about tongue tie and tongue tie surgery.
You can see some of videos about bloodless tongue tie release surgery and tongue tie treatment at the below:
- What is Tongue Tie? - Tongue Tie Symptoms - Tongue Tie Exams ... - YouTube
- Tongue Tie Examination ... - YouTube
- Stitchless Tongue Tie Operation With Scissors in Adult Patient... - YouTube
- How Much Should Be Cut The Tongue Tie? ... - YouTube
- Anterior Tongue Tie - Posterior Tongue Tie - Tongue Tie Surgery ... - YouTube
- Can Tongue Tie be Understand by Looking at The Tongue Tip? ... - YouTube
- Type II Tongue Tie Release Surgery - YouTube
- Posterior Tongue Tie Operation by Scissors - YouTube
- Before and After Tongue Tie Surgery - YouTube
- Revision Tongue Tie Operation (Tongue Tie Re-Release) - YouTube
- Tip III Anterior Tongue Tie - Before and After Operation - YouTube
- Type 2 Anterior Tongue Tie Operation Before and After Operation - YouTube
- Before and After Tongue Tie (Type III) Surgery - YouTube
- Tongue Tie Operation (Eiffel Tower Type) - YouTube
- Type 1 Anterior Tongue Ties and Symptoms - YouTube
- Revision Tongue Tie Operation Before and After YouTube
- Diamond Shape Wound After Lip Tie and Tongue Tie Surgery ... - YouTube
- Tip III Anterior Tongue Tie - Examnation Before Operation
- Bloodless Tongue Tie Surgery - YouTube
- Tongue Tie Removal (Lingual Frenectomy) Procedure - YouTube
- Bloodless and Bladeless Tongue Tie Release Surgery With Thermal Welding Device ... - YouTube
- Dünya Emzirme Haftası (The World Breastfeeding Week ) 1-7 Ekim ... - YouTube
|Bosphorus - Istanbul - Turkey - ENT Doctor Istanbul - ENT Specialist Istanbul - Nose Job Istanbul - Rhinoplasty Istanbul - ENT Office Istanbul - Dr.Murat Enoz - ENT Clinic Istanbul - ENT Doctor in Istanbul - Nose Job in Turkey|
Murat Enoz, MD, Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgeon - ENT Doctor in Istanbul
Address: İncirli Cad. No:41, Kat:4 (Dilek Patisserie Building), Postal code: 34147, Bakırköy - İstanbul
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199
Fax: +90 212 542 74 47