Ideal Patient Features For Rhinoplasty Operation
Post-operative satisfaction with nasal aortic surgery is not dependent on perfect surgical procedure. Some characteristics of the ideal patient for nasal aesthetics by Dr. Schulman are summarized as follows:
- There is a significant deformity in the area
- Presence of an occupational cause for correcting the present deformity and improving the appearance
- A genuine desire to look younger
- Patient's statement "I wanted to have this operation for a long time"
Factors to be considered when assessing the psychological status of a patient who wants to undergo a nasal surgeryA patient's demand for nasal surgery should be assessed according to the following factors:
- The physical reality of the individual's appearance: how much he or she has accepted the description of how the patient sees the patient and what the patient has done on his or her community (such as fine, fine, elegant, delicate ...)
- whether the physical appearance perceived by the individual is consistent with the descriptions that others have made about the patient
- The degree of importance given to the external appearance of an individual: Some patients pay much more attention to their physical appearance than others. Even minor complications after surgery in these patients may cause serious psychological trauma
- Degree of dissatisfaction with the patient's own appearance: Serious dissatisfaction with the body part (such as the nose and other facial features) that the patient is not actually experiencing a serious structural disorder may mean that post-operative expectation levels may increase and postoperative satisfaction may be low.
Male rhinoplasty in istanbul - video:
Psychologically unsuitable patient characteristics for nasal aesthetic surgery
- A non-realistic reason for the surgery is indicated (eg the patient indicates the statement "I am performing surgery to look masculine")
- A sudden disagreement or decision to surgical operation depending on the vessel
- Believing that surgical treatment can solve all social problems in the patient's life
- Depression to the hospital due to recurrent psychiatric illness
- Continual notification of surgical advice, request and request to the relevant physician
- Previously, having dissatisfied operations and expressing dissatisfaction with the doctors who did the previous operation
- You are reluctant and unable to fulfill the important instructions and recommendations given by the surgeon and staff
Recommendations from new guideline of "Clinical Practice Guideline: Improving Nasal Form and Function after Rhinoplasty"In the published Clinical Practice Guidelines on Rhinoplasty Operation by the American ENT & HNS Academy, patient characteristics prior to surgery and inappropriate patient characteristics for surgery were determined as follows:
1) Before the rhinoplasty operation, patients evaluated for about their motivations for surgery and their expectations for outcomes, should provide feedback on whether those expectations are a realistic goal of surgery, and should document this discussion in the medical record.
2) Doctors must informed patients about rhinoplasty candidates for comorbid conditions that could modify or contraindicate surgery, including obstructive sleep apnea, body dysmorphic disorder, bleeding disorders, or chronic use of topical vasoconstrictive intranasal drugs.
3) Nasal airway obstruction must be evaluated before the rhinoplasty operation by surgeon
4) Patients must be informed before the operation wbout what to expect after surgery, how surgery might affect the ability to breathe through the nose, potential complications of surgery, and the possible need for future nasal surgery.
5) The clinicians should counsel rhinoplasty candidates with documented obstructive sleep apnea about the impact of surgery on nasal airway obstruction and how obstructive sleep apnea might affect perioperative management.
6) Patients must be informed befıore the surgery about strategies to manage discomfort after surgery.
7) Clinicians should document patients' satisfaction with their nasal appearance and with their nasal function at a minimum of 12 months after rhinoplasty.
Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) and rhinoplasty operation
You can find about "Rhinoplasty contraindications - Contraindications for nose job surgery - Contraindications of rhinoplasty operation - Contraindications of nasal aesthetic operations - Who should not have rhinoplasty? - Situations where nose aesthetics are inconvenient - Contraindications to rhinoplasty" at >> Contraindications For Rhinoplasty
You can find details about "Ideal patient for nasal aesthetic - Optimal patient for rhinoplasty - Psychological features for nasal aesthetic - Psychological analysis for rhinoplasty - Patient not suitable for nasal aesthetics - Psychologically inappropriate patient for rhinoplasty - Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) - Contraindication for aesthetic rhinoplasty - Contraindications for rhinoplasty operation - Ideal patient features for rhinoplasty - Factors to be considered when assessing the psychological status of a patient who wants to undergo a nasal surgery - Psychologically unsuitable patient characteristics for nasal aesthetic surgery - Recommendations from new guideline of "Clinical Practice Guideline: Improving Nasal Form and Function after Rhinoplasty"" and before and after photos at >>
- Experts Develop Evidence-based Clinical Practice Guideline on ...
- Improving Nasal Form and Function after Rhinoplasty - American ...
- Clinical Practice Guideline: Improving Nasal Form and ...
- Guideline Summary: Clinical practice guideline: improving nasal form ...
- Rhinoplasty – indications and techniques
- Predicting the results of rhinoplasty before surgery: Easy ... - NCBI - NIH
- A psychological study of patients undergoing cosmetic surgery. - NCBI
- Rhinoplasty and its psychological implications: Applied ... - Springer Link
- Plastic Surgery - EMedicine by MedScape
- Risks and complications in rhinoplasty
- [What rhinoplasty surgeons should know about body dysmorphic ...
- Cosmetic Surgery and Body Dysmorphic Disorder – An Update ...
- Study: Some Nose-Job Patients Have Mental Health Problem - WebMD
- Burun Estetiği İçin İdeal Hasta Özellikleri
- Doğal Burun Estetiği
- Rhinoplasty in Istanbul
- Nose Job in Istanbul
Address: İncirli Cad. No:41, Kat:4 (Dilek Patisserie Building), Postal code: 34147, Bakırköy - İstanbul
Appointment Phone: +90 212 561 00 52
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199
Mobile phone: +90 533 6550199
Fax: +90 212 542 74 47